Search This Blog

Friday, November 11, 2011

crossing the highways

Crossing a highway is one of my greatest hurdles.   It happened when I was 7 years old.  I was hit by a fast motorcycle while crossing a busy highway.  I’ve got some bruises and fortunately, there was nothing major physical damaged on me except the visible scar on my left eyebrow.  This accident gave me occasional nightmares in my childhood and adult life.

But I have to face this fear.  I can not avoid crossing highways.  They are everywhere. I have no other option but to fight back the anxieties that paralyzes me every time I cross them.     And when there is no one to cling unto, I have to be brave and believe in myself that I can do it. I have to because I need to or else I can be stuck forever beside the highway and I can never go to where I intend to go.    

one of the pedestrian lanes along the busy highway of Dar es Salaam


It’s like facing life even it is so uncertain.  I had shares of pains and some left deep scars on me emotionally but life should go on.   I have to be strong to live fully or else my existence would just be totally wasted.  I have to take risk even it might hurt me. It is the natural flow of life which means that this flow knows where to go and have its own way to reach its final destination.   Therefore, I have to follow and go with it.  And maybe, this is the ultimate method to find the true path of life.   


Life isn't simple. But the beauty of it is, you can always start over. It'll get easier.
Alacia Bessette, Simply from Scratch, 2010


No comments:

Post a Comment