Search This Blog

Friday, October 28, 2011

carrot juice and old buildings

I know that there is no relevance between carrot juice and old buildings.  I just can’t think of a better title for this post. J
I went to the city center one time to look for rechargeable batteries for my camera.  It was early afternoon and the strong sun discouraged me to start roaming around so I decided to stay for a while at a place that looks like a mini-food court with 4 food stalls to choose from – oriental to western. I ordered a carrot juice from one of the food stalls and ended up having a huge glass (450 ml) that took me more than an hour to finish it ‘til the last drop. The counter-lady told me that no available size of carrots for the small size juice that day.  I did not get the logic from her answer but when I observed the preparations I understood what she meant.  The ratio is 1:1; 1 carrot for 1 glass juice.  So, size here matters; small carrot for small size juice or large carrot for large size juice. 



After my glass was totally empty, I left to search for electronic shops in the area.  I had the chance as well to take photos of the old buildings around.  They were engraved of the year they were built; from 1930s to 1940s.  I wonder if the city government is helping to preserve or rehabilitate these buildings.  I noticed that some are poorly maintained.  I am not aware of the Land Use Plan or Building Code of the City but the way I looked at it, these buildings are not taken care of (my presumption) very well.   But they are beautiful and I am sure that I am not the only one who have seen their attractiveness.


I hope that locals are giving importance to these historic sights.


 






"He who loves an old house never loves in vain."
Conant, Isabel La Howe

No comments:

Post a Comment